Town of Andover
The town of Andover is currently accepting applications for the position of full
time Tax Collector. Applicants MUST have experience as a Municipal Tax
Collector and a CCMC Certification.
Please submit application/resume to:
ATTN: Kathy Luntta, Building Department
17 School Road
Andover, CT 06232
860-742-4036 x 3 – phone
860-742-4040 – fax
Applications available at the Andover Town Hall Building Department,
Position: Tax Collector
Location: Andover Town Hall, 17 School Rd. Andover, CT 06232
Compensation: $42,653.00 annual salary
Hours (Full-Time): Mon. 8:15am-7:00pm, Tues., Wed., Thurs. 8:15am-4:00pm (1/2-hour
Office of the Tax Collector
• Prepare & Collect annual taxes for Andover’s quarterly installment, including real-estate,
personal property, and motor vehicle.
• Reconciles revenue collection reports with Quality Data Software (QDS).
o Prepares reports for the Treasurer, Board of Selectmen, and Board of Finance.
• Uses all collection methods within state statutes in the pursuit of delinquent taxes;
including demand notices, liens, UCC-1 liens and wage garnishments.
• Prepares and issues alias tax warrants to a state marshal.
• Generates operating budget for the tax office; works within budgetary guidelines.
• Prepares and submits figures for the towns annual budget report.
• Reconciles the Ratebook with the Assessor’s Grand List.
• Composes press releases and legal notices for the public.
• Extracts and processes lockbox payments.
• Oversees the collection of delinquent taxes, including holding Tax Sale Auction, using
Pullman & Comely & Adam Cohen.
• Processes online payment options including debit and credit card payments.
• Follows security procedures including a cash register terminal and Dunbar pickup.
• Processes Fire Abatements and Eastern CT Housing Abatement.
• Assists in the Assessor’s Office handling maps, field cards, and assessment questions.
• Works closely with all Municipal Departments as required.
Requirements and Preferences:
• Tax Collector experience required
• CCMC certification required (In progress Certifications will be considered)
• QDS knowledge preferred