|Position:|| ||Account Clerk II|
|Municipality:||Town Of Windsor|
TOWN OF WINDSOR
Account Clerk II
The Town of Windsor and its employees strive to create an exceptional quality of life that engages citizens, provides commercial and leisure amenities, promotes business and employment opportunities and provides unsurpassed value to taxpayers.
The Account Clerk II position has recently become available due to a retirement. In this role, you will perform accounts payable functions and will report to the Assistant Finance Director. You will work in a team environment that includes the finance department staff and town-wide divisional teams. The starting salary range is $51,636 to $58,607 yearly, depending on qualifications and experience. Full time town employees enjoy a comprehensive benefit package, including but not limited to health, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, short and long term disability, wellness program and a defined contribution retirement plan.
The right candidate will be passionate about teamwork and creating a pleasant culture for our internal as well as our external customers. We are seeking a detail oriented and collaborative individual to conduct a variety of accounts payable duties with competence, creativity and professionalism.
Your typical work activities will include:
• Review vendor invoices and process checks and/or electronic payments
• Maintain vendor files
• Research internal department as well as vendor inquiries
• Convert requisitions to purchase orders and distribute purchase orders
• Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
• Prepare and process 1099’s annually
• Sort mail
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
• Act as accounts receivable backup as needed
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Excellent interpersonal skills and team player
• Must be very detailed oriented and able to work under tight deadlines
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Capable of working with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
• Associates degree in business or accounting plus three years accounts payable experience (governmental preferred) performing duties similar to the work activities indicated on this job posting, or any equivalent combination of education and experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft applications and MUNIS accounting software is a plus.
The deadline for submission of application materials is Monday, June 25, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. The Town of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of the workforce. EOE/AA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Return to the main Employment page.