|Municipality:||Town of Killingly|
TOWN OF KILLINGLY—OPEN POSITION
Primary responsibilities including but not limited to:
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field and will have some supervisory experience. A candidate with extensive appraisal education, with at least four years of real and personal property appraisal experience, including the use of a computer assisted mass appraisal system is preferred. Individuals with combinations of education and experience will be considered. A valid motor vehicle operator’s license is required. Certified Connecticut Municipal Assessor I (CCMA I) professional designation is required, with the expectation that a CCMA II designation will be achieved within three years of hire.
- finding, listing, measuring, and valuing all real and personal property in the Town, both taxable and tax exempt
- Determines the eligibility for abatement programs and exemptions and applies them appropriately.
- Summarizes ownership, values and exemptions into annual abstract/grand list; provides appropriate summary to the eight separate districts in the Town.
- Reports various claims to the State for reimbursement of revenue losses and provides appropriate information for grants as necessary.
- Conducts field inspections/appraisals of property or reviews/supervises field work of staff and/or revaluation staff.
- Oversees the periodic contract revaluation of property from RFP through a completed project; responsible for the certification of revaluation.
- Maintains all records both manually and by computer as required; maintains database within the Town’s computer assisted mass appraisal system; manages GIS program and updates on-line web information for both the Town’s web site and information for the on-line mapping link.
- Responsible for updating of tax maps to include changed information from other town departments and as the Town’s 911 Coordinator, is responsible for street numbering.
- The Assessor is the Coordinator and administrator of State and Town Homeowner’s Programs and Town Freeze Program; as well as the administrator for the State Renter’s Rebate Program.
- The Assessor is also the Municipal Aircraft Registration Official, responsible for the registration of aircraft and reporting the State of Connecticut.
- Provides information to the Board of Assessment Appeals and prepares information to defend challenged appraisal values in court and otherwise.
- Supervises the daily operations of the Assessor’s Office and staff of two;
- Prepares and administers the department’s budget.
Interested candidates must state their interest in writing and submit via post or electronic mail to the Office of the Town Manager by 5:00 p.m. on January 18, 2016.
For more information visit http://www.killingly.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Return to the main Employment page.