|Position:|| ||Grant Accountant|
|Municipality:||CT Metropolitan Council of Governments|
The Connecticut Metropolitan Council of Governments (MetroCog), a multi-discipline regional planning organization with six member communities - Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford and Trumbull is seeking a well-qualified candidate to fill the of Grant Accountant. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the position of Grant Accountant serves the Region as the principle financial monitor; evaluates and analyzes financial data, and develops solutions for managing federal, state and local funded grant programs.
- Administration of agency financials including management of records, budgets, computer systems, audits, payroll, billing, capital assets, financial analysis and reporting, internal controls, grant reporting, and ledger and account reconciliation; monitors operations to assure compliance to state and federal and state financial management regulations, regional policies and goals, and government accounting standards.
- Analyzes operational information, evaluates trends, and assures financial issues are properly addressed and resolved; develops and presents reports and recommendations.
- Develop and maintain financial data and reporting for various state and federal grant programs, and coordinate yearly auditing activities.
- Supports a proactive public involvement process, and assists agency staff with tasks as needed.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelorís Degree in finance, accounting, or a closely related field and 5 years of continuous and progressively responsible experience in finance, accounting, or budgeting; Master's degree, and CPA certification desirable, but not required.
- Government/Financial Accounting Standards Boards (GASB/FASB), and Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) standards, practices, policies, rules, and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Generally Accepted Auditing Principles for Public Sector financial management, including payroll, treasury, grant funds, and public debt management.
- Legal, ethical, and professional rules of conduct for municipal finance officers.
- Principles and practices of public sector administrative management, including applicable regulations, performance management, personnel rules, procurement, contracting, and project management.
- Techniques and practices for efficient and cost effective management of resources.
- Quickbooks, Microsoft Office Suite, and financial spreadsheet software applications.
- General ledger and account reconciliation standards.
- Interpreting and applying financial plans, accounting standards and procedures, applicable Federal and state rules and regulations.
- Analyzing financial issues, evaluating alternatives, and developing recommendations and strategies.
- Analyzing regional needs, and prioritizing and promoting financial strategies to meet future needs.
- Monitoring and interpreting financial documents, and assuring compliance with all regulatory requirements governing municipal financial activities.
- Reviewing interrelated financial and technical records, and identifying and reconciling errors.
- Using initiative, independent judgment, tact, and prudence within established procedural guidelines.
- Evaluating workflow, and assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Managing and leading staff, and delegating tasks and authority.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with representatives from other local, state and Federal agencies.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
How to Apply
Interested candidates please mail or email letter of interest, resume, salary requirements, and pertinent work experience to:
Brian Bidolli, Executive Director
Connecticut Metropolitan Council of Governments
525 Water Street, Suite 1
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Position will remain opened until filled.
MetroCog is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Return to the main Employment page.