Capital Workforce Partners is seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer
to join our team of professionals. As the state's regional Workforce Investment Board in North Central Connecticut, Capital Workforce Partners, representing 37 municipalities, coordinates programs and initiatives to develop a skilled, educated and vital workforce. The organization is guided by the region's consortium of elected officials and by representatives from business, education and labor serving on its Board of Directors. Our mission is to leverage public and private resources to produce skilled workers for a competitive regional economy.Job Summary
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for the oversight and direction of the fiscal operations of the organization and provides both operational and programmatic support. The CFO reports directly to both the President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Board Treasurer and indirectly supports the boardsí Finance and Audit committee. The CFO also assists the Chief Operating Officer (COO) on all program operations and tactical matters such as cost analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding, as they relate to the $23 million budget. This position may have responsibility for other corporate functions fundamental to the operation, such as Human Resources or Information Systems, depending on previous experience.Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal and administrative functions and performance.
- Develop finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Evaluate the fiscal impact of long range planning, introduction of new program strategies and government regulatory actions in conjunction with the annual Integrated Budget and Business Plan.
- Develop and monitor annual operational, IT and facilities budget. Oversee fiscal compliance with grants.
- Work with the COO to ensure programmatic success through analysis support and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements. This includes interpreting fiscal rules and regulations to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and contractual guidelines and monitoring compliance.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and fiscal trends.
- Oversee annual fiscal, federal and state audits to ensure compliance with GAAP and federal and state regulations.
- Coordinate all fiscal and programmatic monitoring of vendor and service provider contracts to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations. Ensures that all expenditures are in accordance with federal and state law and are allowable costs, properly documented and charged to the appropriate cost categories.
- Ensure proper fiscal development and tracking of grant development, unrestricted funds development and reporting activities.
- Preparation and/or negotiation of the indirect cost rate and submittal.
- Special projects and assignments as needed.
Supervises all financial and business staff.Education
Bachelorís degree in finance, accounting, business or related field. Masterís degree and CPA preferred.Experience
Significant financial management experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including sophisticated federal and state fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting. Minimum of ten (10) years prior management experience. Broad knowledge and understanding of Workforce Investment Boards, related legislation governing federal regulations and current issues, especially rules and regulations related to federal programs under the current Workforce Investment Act. Knowledge of the recently enacted Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act.
For consideration, applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to:
Capital Workforce Partners
One Union Place 3rd Floor
Hartford, CT 06103
Job closing: November 21st 2014
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Capital Workforce Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V committed to a diverse work force. Please visit us at our website: http://www.capitalworkforce.org/