The City of Norwich announces a closed promotional and an open examination to fill a vacancy and establish a list for the following classification:
Closed Examination #1939
Open Examination #1940
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible payroll, accounts payable, and purchasing work involving administration and support of the municipality’s financial processes. Prepares correspondence, information on forms, documents, and statistical reports from copy, rough draft, or own compiled information using word processing programs. Responds to telephone calls and visitors, directing these appropriately. Maintains documentation in easily accessible format of how all his/her job functions are performed. Collaborates with coworkers in the preparation of the annual budget.
Work involves primary responsibility for one of the following three components and proficiency to provide coverage as needed for the other two:
- Processing payroll data submitted by City departments
- Performing accounts payable functions in accordance with prescribed procedures
- Assuring adherence to the requirements of the City’s Invitation to Bid Request for Proposal processes
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Payroll Component: Prepares payroll for all City of Norwich employees.
- Accounts Payable Component: Compiles, verifies purchase order data, enters and batches payment lists for check runs.
- Assures adherence to and provides administrative support for the City’s Request for Proposal and vendor bid processes.
NOTE: THIS IS AN ABBREVIATED ANNOUNCEMENT.
Copies of the complete job description are available in the City of Norwich Human Resources Department.
QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelor’s degree in business-related field of study and three years of progressively responsible experience including at least one year of experience in payroll, accounts payable, or purchasing; or any combination of training and experience which provides a demonstrated ability to perform the duties of the position.
Applications must be received before 4:30 p.m., Friday, January 13, 2012, in the Human Resources Department, City Hall, 100 Broadway, Room 213, Norwich, CT 06360. In order to be considered, applicants must demonstrate on their application that they meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement. To obtain an employment application, visit our website at www.norwichct.org.
For questions or additional information, call (860) 823-3836
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER