TOWN OF WESTPORT
FINANCE DIRECTOR $ 125,000-$150,000 D.O.Q.
The Finance Director is the Senior Department Head reporting to the First Selectman and is responsible for managing financial, accounting and administrative functions for the Town. Duties include:
· Preparing annual operating and capital improvement budgets
· Administering departmental expenditures and departmental budget planning
· Conducting financial analyses and preparing financial reports
· Developing and implementing an effective accounting system
· Acting as chief risk control officer
· Developing and implementing an internal control system
· Supervising cash management, purchasing, accounts receivable, revenue collection and payroll
· Managing the centralized financial IT system
· Arranging debt financing and debt service
· Overseeing pension and OPEB valuation, funding and investments
· Formulating strategies for labor negotiations and developing wage and benefits structures
Must be able and willing to work long and unpredictable hours in an office setting under stress of deadlines; to use computers and other standard office equipment; to supervise, train and evaluate employees; to attend frequent evening meetings; and to communicate effectively with elected Boards and the public.
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration or Business Administration and six years in financial management, or any equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master’s degree in Finance or Business and/or a CPA are desirable. Familiarity with MUNIS software is also desirable.
Applications may be downloaded at www.westportct.gov. Click “Jobs” at the top of the screen. Signed applications may be mailed to Westport Personnel Department, 110 Myrtle Avenue, Westport CT 06880 or faxed to 203-341-1093. Applications must be received by November 15, 2011, unless the Town posts a notice on the website extending the deadline.
The Town of Westport is an Equal Opportunity Employer.