TOWN OF CHESHIRE
DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
DEADLINE JULY 1, 2011
The Town of Cheshire invites highly qualified candidates to apply for the position of Deputy Director of Finance. Job Grade: E-3; Current salary range: $57,757-$93,402.
A job description may be obtained at the Town Managerís Office, 84 South Main Street, Cheshire, CT 06410, Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM. Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and the names of three professional references to Louis A. Zullo, Personnel Director/Assistant Town Manager in the Town Managerís Office no later than the close of business on Friday July 1, 2011
The Town of Cheshire is an EEOE, M/F/D/V.
This job announcement has been posted and published in conformance with Section 5 of the Town of Cheshire Personnel Rules and Regulations.
TOWN OF CHESHIRE
Position Title: Deputy Director of Finance Classification: E-3
Department: Finance Date: 11-12-03
Under general direction serves as chief accountant. Has primary responsibility for maintenance of all general and subsidiary ledgers and all other accounting records and preparation of adjusting entries. Coordinates reconciliation and balancing of accounts and preparation and accuracy of all financial statements and reports. Conducts research and analysis of financial data.
Reports to: Director of Finance
Supervises: Accounts Payable Coordinator
Job Location and Equipment Used:
Work is performed in office environment. Position involves long periods of sitting. Equipment used includes: a computer, fax, copier, calculator, phone and other office equipment.
1. Ensures integrity and accuracy of general and subsidiary ledgers.
2. Coordinates preparation of journal entries, trial balances, financial statements and balance sheets, as required.
3. Coordinates the reconciliation of control accounts with all Town Departments and the Department of Education to ensure proper processing and maintenance of subsidiary accounts.
4. Coordinates and monitors contracts for federal and state grants.
5. Assists and/or assumes responsibility for various Treasury functions: (i.e. investment of funds for the Town, coordinating the issuance of notes and bonds, developing of the Townís Official Statement and preparing the Capital Budget Financing Schedules).
- 2 -
6. Budgeting, forecasting, development of RFPís, consultation to Town Departments.
7. Reviews accounting procedures and policies and recommends changes, as required.
8. Prepares special financial statements and reports, as requested.
9. Researches and analyzes financial data to ensure accuracy and integrity of data.
10. Coordinates the annual audit process and compiles all year end reports and statistical data for the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
11. Supervises and coordinates functional activities of departmental staff.
12. In absence of Director, assumes duties of that position.
The above duties describe the most significant duties performed and are not to be considered a detailed description of every duty of the position. Other occasional and related duties may be assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Four year degree in accounting required. Masterís degree in public administration or accounting preferred. Four years or more experience as a professional accountant with supervisory experience and at least three years of municipal accounting or auditing experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Knowledge of data processing, governmental accounting standards, and automated spreadsheets as required.
Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office for Windows preferred.
G:/JOBDES/Deputy Director of Finance