|Position:|| ||Assistant Finance Director|
|Municipality:||Danbury Public Schools|
Public Schools, with its operating budget of $141
million, provides educational services to more than 12,000 students.
The Assistant Finance Director provides critical support to
the Chief Finance Officer focusing on fiscal responsibilities, including
annual budget preparation, finance office operations, general accounting, and
REPORTS TO: Chief
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Planning, Budget and Forecasting
- Prepares financial
information in preparation for District's annual budget.
- Systematically tracks expenditures
- Assists in the financial oversight
of individual school-based expenditures.
- Monitors weekly and annual cost
estimates for District medical expenditures under the District's self
insured program, in close collaboration with the district's Benefits
Coordinator, the District's insurance consultants, and benefits provider.
- Prepare departmental
- Produce quarterly/annual filings and
public reports, including the state EFS, audit information for the
- Oversees the day-to
day accounting operations including the payroll and accounts payable
- Prepares journal entries.
- Performs bank reconciliations.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts.
- Prepares general fund bank deposits.
- Performs other duties as
- Knowledge of and
experience in school or municipal finance.
- Bachelor's Degree with
concentration in related area (Accounting, Finance, Business) or
- Minimum of 3-5 years of
experience in accounting or business position with independent
- Strong aptitude for computer/data
processing, experience with large student and/or financial database
- Strong interpersonal and analytical
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
This is an exempt, non-union, full time, 12-month per year position.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and