TOWN OF TRUMBULL
Salary: $100,000 to
Apply at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/trumbullct
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
department head is responsible for the appraisal of real and personal property
within the Town.
State laws affecting real and personal property assessments.
3. Implements State and Town tax relief programs for
work methods and procedures, personally handling complex and unusual cases.
necessary correspondence and oversees the maintenance of records required by
responsibility for Grand List as required by law.
changes to Assessorís maps.
annual reports for State and Town.
defends and monitors budget for department.
10. Gives testimony in court cases relating to assessment matters.
11. Reviews sales of real property for the purpose of State grants.
12. Keeps updated on changes in regulations.
13. Related tasks as assigned by the Director of
Works under the general
direction of the Director of Finance.
Supervises the staff of the
office of the Tax Assessor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
1. Knowledge of assessment techniques in
determining real estate and personal property values.
2. Knowledge of laws and ordinances governing
assessment practices and collection of property taxes.
3. Ability to establish and maintain effective supervisory
relationship with staff.
4. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relations with the
5. Must be able to become Certified Connecticut Municipal Assessor.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Certification of CCMA
designation preferred, and/or a four (4) year college degree in Business
Administration and over three (3) years experience in an Assessorís office.