|Position:|| ||Senior Accountant|
|Municipality:||Hartford Public Schools|
POSTING NUMBER: N656-2021
POSTING DATE: September 22, 2020
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
POSITION: Senior Accountant II (2)
REPORTS TO: Accounting Supervisor / Accounting Manager
Provides fiscal management
assistance by performing a variety of accounting and auditing functions.
Pre-audit of expenditures and accounting records. Preparation/posting of
general ledger entries, revenue and expenditure analyses, and participation on
various Special Projects for the Finance Department.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pre-audit and review of all HPS documents working
closely with, Accounting, Budget, Purchasing, Accounts Payable and
vendors, if applicable.
- Preparation and entry of journals and corrections/adjusting
documents for the Board of Education.
- Request of Funds from State of Connecticut and Federal
Government to cover current and projected expenditures.
- Complete account reconciliations and verifications.
- Make bank deposits for the following Funds: Special
Funds, General Budget, Employee Benefits and Revolving Fund(s).
- Assist in the preparation of various State and Federal
Financial Reports including but not limited to: EFS/ED001 (End of
School Year Financial Report), ED111 Cash Management, Magnet School
Expenditure Reports, Indirect Cost Rate Application, and SBCH/Medicaid
- Assist in preparing various Fund financial statements.
- Assist in performing a variety of accounting and
analytical tasks and computations.
- Prepare budget and expenditure projections, forecasts
and analyses as requested.
- Prepare Fringe Benefit Calculations and Analyses.
- Assist in fiscal year-end close.
- Assist in the preparation of the total school system
- Respond to inquiries regarding invoices, payments,
requisitions, purchase orders, and employee reimbursements.
- Review accounting procedures and processes and
- Perform other duties/functions as assigned by
Supervisor, Manager, Director of Finance, Chief Financial Officer or
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting principles and
- Accounting experience working for City, State or
Federal Government entities.
- Experience preparing timely and accurate accounting
- Demonstrated knowledge in Microsoft Products and other
financial accounting software packages. MUNIS preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with all levels of administration.
- Ability to work with discretion and assume
- Ability to work within difficult time constraints.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: None
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve (12) Month Work Year.
Salary Grid: C-525 $70,202-$84,553 (2017-2019)
EVALUATION: Evaluated Annually
UNION AFFILIATION: Hartford Educational Support Personnel (HESP)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To be considered, all internal and external
applicants are asked to please fully complete a Hartford Public Schools’ online
application and upload a cover letter, current resume, and three letters of
professional reference. To apply please visit http://www.applitrack.com/hartfordschools/onlineapp and follow the appropriate link.
Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Return to the main Employment page.